Tuesday 19 June 2012

Living The Brand

If like me, you like to cut a sartorial dash; then the next few Saturdays may seem like a bit of an assault course. It is after all wedding season. You know, the time of year where we try very hard not to swear at the SatNav as it takes us round that country village for the 'nth time, or when the tube stalls indefinitely in a tunnel and we end up missing the all-important vows that we’ve come to witness, and get a  stiletto caught running up an escalator to make up for lost time.  And don’t even get me started on the horror of discovering a ‘twin’ at the reception wearing exactly the same thing as you, most likely also picked up in the sales in a blind panic, when you realised that you had sod=all to wear in the first place. And then of course there is that old chestnut all Christo chicks face, how to look Threshing Floor Hot or Patriarch’s Wife Pretty without straying into harlot territory.

Well I can’t promise you won’t have journey drama and it won’t rain on the day but I have discovered a fabulous line that answers our fashion prayers called Beulah London. Before I had scrolled through all the looks I was excited by the name alone as a biblical reference is always encouraging: “For you will be called Hepzibah, and your land Beulah.” Isaiah 62:4.  For those of you who did not take Hebrew 101, Hepzibah means “my delight is in her” and Beulah means “married”, so already the promise of wedding banquet compliant attire is there in the name. The designs do not disappoint. Right now I am dithering between the Buttercup and the Blossom, and a word to my friends: I would happily agree to be a bridesmaid if I got to wear the floor length Poppy dress!

The Poppy

The Blossom



But what makes Beulah London even more special is the empowering philanthropy that is behind the brand. Every item is either made by or helps support women who have either been trafficked or who have survived the horrors of being a sx worker. And the two ladies behind it are most definitely cool chic and in Christ. To find out more about their work in India and of course to go wild in the shopping aisles visit www.beulahlondon.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for bringing Beulah London to our attention. Loving the floor length dress.. I see me wearing it already on my honeymoon. Now I have to fill the vacant spot of the husband:-)

    Love your blog! Keep it up.
    x

    ReplyDelete